Streljanyj

А вот ещё на тему PC и армия (быль)

I used to be a technician on the U.S.S. Ranger, an aircraft carrier, just before the Gulf War. A new commanding officer had just come on board, and, in preparation for our excursion out to Iraq, he ordered that we go through all our spaces and ensure that everything was secured in place, so that if we hit rough seas, or hit something explosive, there wouldn't be debris flying everywhere. Fairly standard routine.

About two days later, the Ranger's marine detachment called my shop and said, "Our computer is broken." So I head down to the detachment office to take a look. These PCs were the old Zenith Z-248 desktop models, secured with four zillion screws and weighing in at what seemed like half a ton. Our marines had taken the order to secure things pretty seriously, because they had done it with two half inch lag bolts. They had drilled straight through the case, the mother board, the bottom of the case, and the desk it was sitting on, to drop the lag bolts in place.

They couldn't figure out what was wrong, but they knew that it wasn't going anywhere.

Полностью переводить лениво, поэтому краткий перевод: товарищ был компьютерным техником на авианосце USS Ranger незадолго до войны в заливе. Новый офицер приказал перед выходом в море всё как следует закрепить. Через пару дней, находившиеся на борту морпехи пожаловались что их компьютер не работает. На месте оказалось, что морпехи отнеслись к приказу о крепеже серьёзно - они закрепили старенький Зенит Z-248 полудюймовыми анкерными болтами, просверлив отверстия сквозь корпус - и всё содержимое.

Sdílet tento příspěvek

Odkaz na příspěvek
Sdílet na ostatní stránky